Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu For Kids in Reno, NV
Brazilian jiu-jitsu is a great activity for kids for many reasons. It helps them develop coordination and motor skills, improve their focus and concentration, and learn self-discipline. It’s also a great way for them to make new friends and have fun! If you’re thinking of enrolling your child in Brazilian jiu-jitsu classes, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Look for a reputable academy that has certified instructors.
- Schedule a trial class to see if your child enjoys it and is ready to commit to regular classes.
- Be prepared to help your child practice at home between classes.
- Have realistic expectations – it will take time for your child to learn the techniques and progress in their skills.
With patience and commitment, your child will soon be enjoying all the benefits that Brazilian jiu-jitsu has to offer!
Getting started in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: What To Expect On Your First Class
If you’re thinking of taking up Brazilian jiu-jitsu, you may be wondering what to expect in your first class. Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect:
- After signing up for classes at a reputable academy, you’ll need to purchase a gi (uniform).
- Your first class will likely be spent learning the basics – things like proper posture and how to fall correctly.
- You’ll also learn some basic techniques, such as how to escape from common holds.
- As you progress, you’ll learn more advanced techniques and have the opportunity to spar with other students.
- Brazilian jiu-jitsu is a lifelong journey – there is always something new to learn!
So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see how Brazilian jiu-jitsu self-defense classes can benefit you. Call Gracie Humaita Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at (775) 376-6229 or (775) 379-9532 for inquiries! Schedule an introductory jiu-jitsu class, or private jiu-jitsu class, at one of our two convenient locations in Reno or Sparks, NV.